p. 148, ex. 7
1. Podil is called «the jewel of Kyiv» in the text because fishermen lived there and fishing was the most important occupation of the inhabitants at the dawn of Kyiv’s history.
2. Podil is situated in the northern part of Kyiv.
3. Craftsmen and fishermen used to live there.
4. The craftsmen produced different goods for sale.
5. Kontractova Square has become famous since 1798 because merchants from all parts of the country visited the trade fairs there.
6. The old district was burnt down in 1811.
7. After the fire people rebuilt the district.
8. The legend says that the person who tastes «Samson’s water» will stay in Kyiv forever.
|Всього коментарів: 0|